Adjust text size
In response to the Vishaka Judgment passed by the Supreme Court in 1997, the University of Mumbai set up the ‘University Women Development Cell (UWDC)’ in 2001 with the key purpose of making the University a gender-sensitive space. The University also directed all its affiliated colleges to set up a ‘Women Development Cell’ at college level.
In compliance of this directive of the University, the Women Development Cell of Mithibai College was set up in the year 2004 under the chairmanship of Ms. (Prof.) Kinnari Ramanathan. It is an active committee comprising of staff members and students of Mithibai College, and functions with an aim to prevent sexual harassment, promote well being of all the female students and staff members and create a gender sensitized community within campus as well as in the society.
According to the Supreme Court of India, the following constitutes sexual harassment:
1 Physical contact and advances
2. A demand or request for sexual favours
3. Sexually coloured remarks
4. Showing pornography
5. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal, or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
College Women Development Cell Members:
1 Prof. Babita Kachroo (9819358889)
2. Prof. Shubhangi Nargund (9821029851)
3. Prof. Sunita Gupta (9967574590)
4. Prof. Mayur Sarfare (9892586121)
5. Mr. Rajendra Mali (9757019487)
6. Ms. Flora Vakharia (9867734863)
7. Ms. Pooja Satra (9167673917)
8. Ms. Arushi Mishra (8452933629)