Adjust text size
The library of SVKM’s Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management is well equipped with 4860 books on various subjects of media, management and information technology. It also has books of fiction, nonfiction, general knowledge etc. All books are classified with the help of Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme (22nd Ed.) and arranged accordingly so as to make easily accessible.
Library is computerized with the help of LIBSYS software. Students and staff can see library collection with the help of OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) and Web OPAC. Library also subscribes 15 daily newspapers and 27 periodicals. It also has a very good collection of CDs, DVDs and films and has institutional membership of American Center Library.
Library Rules & Regulations
I. Library Hours
1. Reading Room
8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Monday to Saturday)
2. Issue – Return of books and non-book material
9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (Monday to Saturday)
II. Procedure of Issue of Identity Cards & Library Cards
Every year a new Identity Card & Library Card will be issued to all students.
Every student has to submit the I-Card / Library Card form, duly filled, at the time of admission.
He/She has to give 2 fresh and proper passport size photos, one for the I-Card and another for the Library Card purpose.
A notice will be sent to each class when their I-cards/Library Cards are ready for issue.
Student has to bring his/her original fee receipt while collecting his/her I-card and Library Card from the College Library.
Student must sign against their name in the roll call after getting their I-cards and Library Cards.
Any printing mistake found in the I-cards should be reported, immediately, to the Librarian.
Student will not be allowed to enter the library and is liable to pay fine if he/she fails to collect his/her I-card after getting notification of the same.
Procedure of Duplicate Identity Card / Library Card
Student has to apply for duplicate card if the original card is lost or badly damaged or in case of change in local address.
[Address proof is essential in case of change in local address.]
Student has to submit the printed application form, duly filled and signed by the college authorities.
He/She has to pay the charges for the duplicate card as applicable.
Charges for Duplicate I-Card
- If applied for first time – Rs. 250/-
- Second time onwards – Rs. 400/-
Charges for Duplicate Library Card - Rs. 100/-
Charges for new Identity Card holder - Rs. 25/-
Charges for new Library Card cover - Rs. 5/-
III. Issue – Return Practice of the College Library
For home issue - Give Library Card- 1 book at a time for 7 days.
For reference issue in the Library
and/or for photocopy purpose
- Give Identity Card
- 2 books at a time. *
- 2 CDs / DVDs at a time.*
- Question Papers and/or Syllabus*
*(Not for home issue.)
Books will be issued only after the Library Card / I-Card is handed over to the staff at the issue-return counter.
The card will be given back to the student on his/her returning the book/s to the Library.
The holder of the card is responsible for the book borrowed on it.
Overdue fine will be charged @ Rs. 5/- per day.
Renewal of books –
Books may be renewed for 7 days providing they are not overdue and are not in demand by any other student or staff.
Fine for Books or periodicals lost / mutilated by students –
Replacement of the book* (same or subsequent edition)+ Overdue charges (if any)
Replacement of the periodical*+ Fine (if any)
* Whichever is applicable.
Current market price* of the book+ Overdue charges (if any)
Strictly not allowed in the Library –
Talking on mobile phones.
Using any kind of entertainment gadgets.
Doing project work
– Projects assigned in the electronic lab. practical
– Newspaper/magazine clippings,
– Any kind of craft work, etc.
Kind Attention : Dear students
Library premises are under constant CCTV surveillance.
Students are expected to respect library staff and other students as well, and maintain silence in the library.
Library staff will ask students to leave if this is not observed.
The students must observe and abide by all decisions taken by the Principal and /or the Registrar / Librarian regarding any library matters.
Thank you for your co-operation.
USHA PRAVIN GANDHI COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT
Juhu Scheme, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai – 400 056.
· Home Lending: Students can borrow one book at a time against their library card for the period of one week. Books can be re- issued if not in demand by other readers.
· Reference Service: Students can use reference books available in the library, such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries, yearbooks etc. for reference purpose only.
· Internet Access: Internet facility is made available to students on two computers.
· OPAC and Web OPAC: Library users can browse library collection through Online Public Access Catalogue. This catalogue is also linked with College Website at http://192.168.2.65:8080/jopac/
· Blackboard Learning Management System: Blackboard LMS is used to enhance student- faculty interaction. Students can give faculty feedback using Blackboard. Library page is also created in this system to upload the information about library from time to time.
· Global Access to e- Resources: Students can get global access to all e- resources using this link. http://ezproxy.svkm.ac.in:2048/login
· Institutional membership to American Library: Library users can use the American Library located at Bandra Kurla Complex through the institutional membership.
· List of New Additions: List of newly added books is displayed on the notice board regularly.
· Display of New Arrivals: New books are displayed physically in the display cupboard in the library.
· Orientation: Library orientation is given to all First Year students in the classroom using Power Point Presentation at the beginning of the academic year.
· Inter Library Loan: Students can borrow books from all SVKM /NMIMS institutions for a period of fifteen days.
· Bibliographic Service: Library users can get the bibliography on the subject of their interest on request.
· Institutional Repository: Institutional Repository has been created on the library page of Blackboard.
· Newspaper Clippings: Library compiles newspaper clippings on education and allied subjects.
UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI WEBSITE
Please Note: Your WIFI passwords are available at Library Counter.
SVKM’s Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management,
Swami Bhaktivedanta Marg,
Library Contact No. 42332078.